Tuesday, November 13, 2012
The Central Valley Venture Forum (CVVF) brings together venture capitalists, investment bankers, angel investors, leading startups, valuation executives, corporate executives, and community leaders to discuss economic and financial opportunities relating to the Central Valley.
Each year, five startups are selected to pitch investors for capital at the forum. This year’s highlights:
- Keynote Speaker: Dan Walters, political columnist for the Sacramento Bee and more than 50 California newspapers. He has also written for the Wall Street Journal and is an accomplished author and co-author, including The New California: Facing the 21st Century and The Third House: Lobbyists, Power and Money in Sacramento.
- Luncheon Speaker: California State Director USDA Rural Development Glenda Humiston, who also heads a group of 90 prominent business/government leaders focused on access to capital in California's rural areas.
- Hispanic business success panel
- Tips about how to raise investment capital
- Update on agricultural investing in the Valley
- Valley Entrepreneur Showcase Competition
- Numerous networking opportunities